Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sunday School conference:




On Nov 25 I taught as usual at the Sunday School teachers’ conference at the theological college. I always like to do something very active with them that they would not be able to do otherwise. For three years I have taught cooperative games and they always clamour for more. We have so much fun.
This year I wanted to depart from the tried and true so we did the Lord’s Prayer in sign language. Such concentration as they all tried to follow the gestures and did a pretty good job!
Then I distributed small packs of beads (photo) I had put together in Canada to make Anglican Rosary beads. We went outside under the trees because there was more room than in the conference hall and it gets pretty hot in the afternoon. I had visions of all the tiny beads spilling out so I gave out paper cupcake holders to tip them into. I had brought for just about 95 people and I think there were about 5 more needed. I had some spare beads & crosses, but unfortunately a couple of people had to go without. This is always so difficult. I gave away my own set to someone almost in tears because she had arrived late and missed the distribution.
We finished with the usual cheers, thanks and enthusiastic songs and we received some nice colourful cotton wraps.
I don’t think they really missed the cooperative games, but I did leave them with one to play that needs no equipment.

No comments: