Monday, January 12, 2009

Away for a couple of days

We will travel to Homa Bay tomorrow for a meeting of the local Rotary Club who were our partners with the container. This area is even poorer that where we are and HIV/AIDS is rampant. The schools lack the most basic supplies and there are virtually no health clinics. They were to have received a medical container but the turmoil last year ate up all the funds. We will be finalising the report to Rotary International and I will be carrying three boxes of medical supplies for them. I also saved them a nice office chair from the container that did arrive, so they can use it as a fund raiser for their club.
We are working on the possibility of sending a container of medical supplies to them if we can find corporate sponsorship. If you have any ideas of who might help this very needy area, let me know!
When we return I will send out a few more computers to schools (I'll save the story of how I got them) and this coming weekend we will be interviewing for scholarships for KEEF. Go to www.kenyaeducation.org for details.

No comments: